Did you take your Husbands last name?

xocyncyn

Asked by xocyncyn at 12:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I certainly did. Especially since I knew we wanted to start a family together. I want my children to have my same last name.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yes my name was Maria Jones but it's now Maria Smith.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 12:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yes I did!
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• yeah me too.
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 12:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I did even though I wanted to hyphenate it. We got into a huge arguement about it and I finally decided it wasnt worth the battle. So I ended up just taking his last name and dropping mine. But I am still sad about it and if I could go back and do it again, I would hyphenate it.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 12:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I took his name, I wanted my children to have the same last name as myself and their daddy! I love him, so I was thrilled to have his name!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• That was the sole reason for getting married. We had been living together and were both perfectly fine with that (we had performed a non-legal ceremony) until we decided to have kids. I told him that the kids would have my last name and if he wanted that to be his too then we had to legally get married so we did.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yes, but I am thinking of adding a hyphen to it to make the krabapple. Just kidding.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 12:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yeah, but only because his last name was way cooler then my maiden name (kidding). Its always been what I was raised around for the new wife to take the husbands lat name. But if I meet a women that happened to keep her maiden name, or hyphen (sp) the two names, I honestly don't think too much about it. As far as I am concerned its just as normal now a days as it is too take the husbands last name.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I sure did and I became Mrs Rib! Lol (his last name is spanish for rib!)
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 12:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2009