Who has went on vacation without their kids?

I'm so nervous i'm leaving today to go to Reno for my 21st birthday and it's my first time away from my youngest daughter who i still breastfeed (she's about to be 7 months) and she is sooooo attached to me!I'm sooo scared my stomach hurts because i'm so nervous!Do you think she will be okay?!

jenniek510

Asked by jenniek510 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She will be fine. I've been on holiday plenty of times without the kids for. Weddings, or special occasions but we do usually take them. They stayed between our parents and they were fine. It also helps them have a little independence

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 12:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• How long are you gonna be gone. Do you worry about drying up?
    Anonymous

• At that age, I wouldn't leave my child unless it was an emergency. I wouldn't be leaving for my "birthday weekend of fun." I had to leave my child when he was about 2 for a business thing. My boss told me I would be fired if I didn't go and it was only 3 days. It killed me. But I paid to have my mother come stay with my child and husband to help give him extra love. I just don't think it's good parenting to be away from then for selfish reasons at that age.
    Anonymous

• Well I hope she's going to be okay!It's only until Sunday!And I don't think i'm going to dry up i'm bringing my pump with me to pump
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• wow. is a 21st birthday that important...i was pregnant when i had mine and even when i just had my 22nd (i left her for 1 night) i damn near lost it. thats pretty selfish if you ask me. yeah shell be fine but still. and for you to say you"hope she is going to be fine" gives us all a little insight to your ability as a mother. youre pretty pathetic in my eyes.
    Anonymous

• Thanks i'll take that as a complimet!!

trust me i'm probably going to end up canceling anyways
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yes, I think she'll be fine. No, I don't think you will dry up if you keep pumping. Do you have enough pumped for her while you're gone? If you are EBF and she's not on bottles be prepared for her to refuse you when you get home because of nipple confusion. Lastly, I would never leave my BF child to go party. Ever. You can do whatever you want, but I just don't think it's fair to her.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I guess I should add, yes I've been on vacation without my kids plenty of times, but not until they were done breast feeding.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

who the hell are you to judge?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i took jackson with me when i went to reno for my 21st birthday!!! lol, but my parents went to.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2009