what do you think...

when your at a store and you tell your child, "no you cannot have any candy, you dont need it." and the lady behide you puts the quarters in the candy machine and gives it to my son?? Its was not the issue that I couldnt afford the candy, I just didnt want him to have any before dinner. Then after she gives it to him Its only the polite thing to say, "thank you."

I just thought it was a bit nervy... what you you women think?? what would you say??

TSSN88

Asked by TSSN88 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would have said thank you and turned and rolled my eyes. She probably thought she was being nice, maybe she thought your kid was too adorable to resist...who knows.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I would have given it(the candy) back to her and told her I can afford it ,but he/she doen't need it. But thank you anyways.

Answer by louise2 at 12:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• OOOO.. this is a tough one... Depending on the mood im in, i would have said thanx and walked away, now i would have prob did this, said "awe, thanx, but i told him cant have any, i didnt want him to ruin his dinner, now i have to take it away till afterwards, thanx for making my job so much easier lady"... AND then turned and walkd away...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I would have taken the candy or handed it back to her depending on my mood....told her thank you, but that I did not want my son to have it at that time. And I would have said to my son right in her face that he STILL wasn't getting the candy. I would find it pretty rude for someone to give my child anything without my permission. Especially something for them to eat.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 1:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I would have taken the candy and threw it away. I think it is rude when someone gives you rkids something after you say no. Regardless of teh reason.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 2:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I've had people do that. Usually we say thank you and then I take it away for another time (or toss it when the kids aren't looking). I hate when people step over their bounds like that.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2009