ToreUp during delivery? Please answer if you can

Has anyone done this? Did your doctor stitch you up? Did you have problems sexually afterwards? Were body parts not where they were before?

I am having some issues and go to see my regular OB on Monday (he didn't deliver my son) and it is causing me problems sexually and making me freak out a bit (I have this fear the OB will say everything is normal when I know it isn't). If it makes a difference I am 6 weeks PP, had a PP visit at 4 weeks but didn't get to discuss it then and this is my second baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What kind of problems are you having
    Anonymous

• I had a 1st degree tear with 3 stitches. I didn't have any major problems but at 6 weeks pp sex was still uncomfortable. And it was hard to get him in. But at about 8 weeks everything was normal-or better than normal =)
    Anonymous

• POSTER HERE...honestly, it is embarrassing for me to admit but it is a lot harder to orgasm now and it feels like I am tearing on the inside up near my cervix sometimes too. I am also TONS looser because my vagina now starts at my G-spot instead of below it (I lost like 1/2-1 in of vagina in the front now). And my clitoris is constantly rubbing against my clothing now so it is losing sensation.
    Anonymous

• OMG!!! That is horrible, I'm sorry you are going thru that. If it really is that damaged, only plastic surgery, but that my also make orgasm harder. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• I had a 4th degree tear (the worst) and it took a while for my body to get back to normal. It may depend on who and how they put you back together though. I had a plastic surgeon repair mine because it was that bad and everything went back to normal about 10-12 weeks PP.
    Anonymous

• Well its been 6 1/2 months and my vagina STILL hurts. I had 3rd degree tears. My husband and I thinks the doctor sewed me up too tight. My husband has a hard time getting his penis in me. Sex is so painful! The OB said I healed up fine and I look fine, but I know I'm not. Also, where the V is on the bottom of my vagina looks different and hurts to be touched. So, sorry I really can't give you advice, just comfort that there are other women out there who feels your pain.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2009