Has anyone heard of Central Apnea?

This is sleep apnea there are two kinds, and my daughter has this one. I am very confused, just looking for some answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Health

• I just did research on this... here is a excerpt from the ASAA site ( sleep apnea site)
    Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is caused by a blockage of the airway, usually when the soft tissue in the rear of the throat collapses and closes during sleep. In central sleep apnea, the airway is not blocked but the brain fails to signal the muscles to breathe. Mixed apnea, as the name implies, is a combination of the two. With each apnea event, the brain briefly arouses people with sleep apnea in order for them to resume breathing, but consequently sleep is extremely fragmented and of poor quality.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• http://www.sleepapnea.org/index.html I forgot to add the url where I got the info.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009