protein in my pee?

I am almost 35 weeks along. Today I went for my 1st of 4 weekly visits. And they tested my pee and said there is protein in it. Is that something I should be worried about?

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• high bloodpressure... could lead to pre-eclampsia.. thats what i had when I was pregnant. They induced me at 36 weeks. Only my protein didn't show up in my urin. They could only tell that I had pre-eclampsia from my blood work! Good Luck! I'm sure if they were really worried about it, they would have kept you!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It could be an early indicator of pre-eclampsia. I wouldn't worry about it to much unless you have high blood pressure to go with it. I had a positive at 32 weeks but only the one time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I had this too they tested me for pre- Eclampsia a few times at about the same point you are... All my test came back neg.
    liltxnchic

Answer by liltxnchic at 12:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my blood pressure is good though.
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• That means that you could have the beginning of preeclampsia.(sp?) Google it and find out .more info. Call you dr and ask questions about what is going on. If he didn't tell you in the appt I would call.

Anonymous

• if your blood pressure is good i wouldn't really worry about pre-eclampsia yet. when i got it, my bp went sky-high before i had trace amts. of protien . was it trace amount or a lot of protien?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Proteinuria in 3rd Trimester Pregnancy can be an indicator of Pre-eclampsia. If you have none of the other symptoms (hypertension being the most dangerous one), I wouldn't worry. If the doctors were worried about Pre-eclampsia, they would have told you right then and there.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• If its just a small amount and your blood pressure is Ok then that's a good sign. Its something that is routinely monitored-if it increases and your blood pressure goes up they should do bloodwork-there are other things to check for in PIH. Keep us posted! :)
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 2:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I had protien in my urin all 3 pregnancies. The first one I did have pre-eclampsia. I had her 5 weeks early but also had the swelling and high bp. The second one I had the high bp and protien but they just kept an eye on things and I made it to my scheduled c-section. I am pregnant now for the 3rd time and bp is a bit high and I had protien last visit but there's no concern. I wouldn't worry about it.
    redheadmommy78

Answer by redheadmommy78 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2009