does anyone have a source for inexpensive oil paints and brushes for art class?

art, paint, oil paint, brushes, creative, stores

bb1214

Asked by bb1214 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Michaels has a great set of brushes that was only 4.99 and has 25 assorted brushes.. they are decent quality - not real hair, but very good for synthetic, and thats coming from a painter!

Sometimes Michaels has sales on their oils, but they are very expensive there vs buying directly from the supplier. I used to buy my oils in "bulk", or sets.. so I dont know who is the best by the ounce in stores.. but one way to compare prices would be to type it into froogle.com, and then choose the "sort by price" option.. for example I love Schmincke Mussini oils (35ml - there are over 100 colors!!) so you could type that into froogle and see what pops up. I paid $12.50-$20.00 per tube on DickBlick.com

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 2:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2009