Do you think that cell phone insurance is worth is with Verizon Wireless?

I know that it doesn't work like it used to. Now if the phone isn't working you have to send it off instead of getting one that day from VW.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• no you get one that day you have to pay 50 dollars for a new one and its a one time deal. I have it but i don't think it is worth it.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• We have At&T so I am not sure if the insurance on the phones is similar but it has saved me in the past. My DH was having problems with a phone we had to send back 2 of them and with a teen boy we have had to replace a phone when we didn't have any lines up for renewal and only had to pay $50 instead of the full noncontract price of the phone.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It has changed. The insurance company is insurion, I think. I just went through this myself. My phone got wet. You have to send the phone in and if it can't be fixed they will send you a new one. They told me 7 days and it took 3 weeks. Verizon does not do it themselves anymore. I don't know what happens if it is lost or stolen.
    Anonymous

• Well thats when you demand a new one on the spot for paying for insurance. I don't take crap from cell phone companys. And when I signed up for it thats what they told me so that is what they would do.. is what they told me.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• with t-mobile its the same way
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• All I know is my son destroyed 4 phones in 2 years. Mostly at work. $4.99 a month has been more than well worth it to me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• With Sprint, I pay $7 per month and if ANYTHING happens to my phone, I pay $75 to get my $300 phone replaced.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 6:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• We have Verizon insurance and we've had to use it, I think it's worth it.
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I used to work for asurion which is one of the leading cell phone insurace companies in the world. 1st you have to ask yourself is your phone worth the insurace especially if you have a high end phone like a blackberry or palm or it is worth more than $300 at full price (I would suggest checking the carriers website if you don't know). 2nd I would research it first. The insurace companies don't control the prices or the phones for that matter, the carrier companies do.Some carrier companies charge almost full price to replace the phone. It seems to be a way to get people to purchase a new phone and extend their contracts. 3rd as for the repair company part. They are out there but usually hidden. Each company has them but they don't make them readily avaliable. If the phone has water damage or damage to the motherboard though the store they won't touch it. Look them up as full service stores or repair stores online.
    leigh_christi

Answer by leigh_christi at 12:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2009