is it true

i have heard its harder the first week trying to quit smoking is it true?????????? does it get easier??????????????? sorry if i seem like im whining but this sucks

wendy232425

Asked by wendy232425 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• IT GETS EASIER!!! Hang in there. You're doing great. Not whinning at all. You should be able to come here and complain all you want. It's hard and it sucks!! You'll make it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It does get easier over time. The more you think about it, the harder it will be. Try mints in place of your routine cigarettes (like first morning, after a meal, etc.) to help deal with the oral fixation part of it.

Good Luck! It takes a lot of willpower and determination, you can do it! Keep at it!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• oh im not giving in but this sucks lol i always have a sucker in my mouth and im trying not to think about it
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have quit many times......I have also started many times.....I FEEL like if you can just quit for a month you will be golden! You don't sound like your whining-quitting smoking is tough to do!!

I need to take my own advice! Smoking is such a dirty habit! Just think about how much money you are saving and how good you smell. Stay strong!!
    Anonymous

• Did you try the gum or the patch? Every day that goes by proves to you that you can do it. Good luck with this, You can do it!

Answer by Bmat at 1:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• The first week is tough, but you made it through that so you can make it through the rest of the time.
    It gets progressively easier as time goes on, so don't worry soon you won't even think about it any more. A little more physical activity is good for quitting also, something like a walk or yoga or even a trip somewhere to get you out of the house and break up the monotony. I found myself smoking or thinking about smoking when I was bored so those things helped me out alot.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 1:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• IDK Not a smoker, but I thought this story would make you laugh. My friends mom was trying to quit smoking, so she had suckers in mouth the whole time. One time she wasn't paying attention and we caught her trying to light the sucker!!!! ROLF
    Anonymous

• lol i heard of people doing that
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• thanks everyone
    wendy232425