Cloth Diapers

A friend of mine on Facebook is about to have a baby, and she's searching for information on the best cloth diapers.

Figured I'd come here and ask you ladies since I know nothing, so I can relay that info to her.

hopeandglory53

Asked by hopeandglory53 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2014 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most people start their newborn on prefolds (IMO, Indian prefolds are the best because they're thicker than the store-bought Gerber ones) with snappi hooks (no one uses diaper pins anymore) and covers.

Then they usually move on to All in Ones which are like disposable diapers but are adjustable and washable (they fit from 10-30 lbs) or pocket diapers which are like all in ones but have a pocket that you can stuff in order to control the absorbency the baby needs or even fitted cloth diapers with covers which are like all in ones without any absorbency that need a cover over them. You can find all of  these for cheap on ebay- look up cloth diapers on that site and a TON of them will come up.

I started with cheap china-made pocket diapers but soon fell in love with the more expensive WAHM ones that can be found on Hyenacart.com and Etsy.com.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2014

• Google sucks for opinions.

Anyway... I haven't used cloth diapers in five years. BumGenius were the one most popular and best when I was using them. I have no idea about what is out there now. But CM has several large groups dedicated to cloth. I would ask around in one of those.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2014

• I love cloth diapers. I prefer the pockets with soakers. The best deals I found were from Kawaii, and they also had an awesome fit. Kawaii diapers can be found here http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/, but there are a TON of different brands. It would be best for her to start out with a few different styles to see what she feels most comfortable with.

BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 3:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2014

• Google it would be better.

Answer by louise2 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2014

• There are so many choices. Have her look for a cloth diapering group on facenook. Tons of experts.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2014