would you call and complain if you spent a lot on hair - and it was horrible?

the guy was "nice" but didnt do at all what i wanted. he barely even cut it. i was there 4 hours, and he barely even dried it. it was bad. i never want to go back, but now i have to pay to go to someone else already to fix it. what would you do??

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I would reccommend calling the salon, talking to a mangager, explaining what is up, and then say that you want it fixed, but not by that person, and not while they are working. The manager should help you out. That happened to me once, and I was too shy to speak up right away. Later that afternoon, I was still depressed over it and so called and did those things. The manager herself took me in and fixed it for free. She even ended up sending me a gift card that Christmas for $25 off my next hair appointment! With how the economy is, no one wants to lose business... and will probably go out of their way to keep u as a client!
    sarah6183

Answer by sarah6183 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I would call his manager and complain. And see what they can do for you.
    Anonymous

• I would go back and say that this is not what I wanted. and make them fix it, if at all possible get a different dresser. When he "cut" it, why didn't you ask for it shorter?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• should have told him that he did a terrible job before you left the store/shop... now is too late anyway.

i would have told him right away what a terrible job he did. and then i would tell him that i dont pay for "that"... ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Did you say something to him while you were there? I would call and ask to speak to the manager, and let them know about it.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i wanted it long still - but my hair is super rediculous thick - and needs to be thinned - a lot. i told him, and he blew it off, said i didn't need it. i know i do, bc they always do it.....
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• in order for them to take you seriouse i think you need to complain befor you ever left the shop. you could call now and complain but they may or may not do anything. had you said something while you were still there they would have fixed it or given you your money back.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• the guy said he would cover up the highlights with the overall color he used - so it will be all one color..... but i'd rather have a refund - and go somewhere else. the place is very small, and i know i'd be very uncomfortable.... ?
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Why would you NOT call and complain. Or better yet, why would you pay for it in the first place if it was that bad? Oh well, I guess better late then never. Don't just make a phone call tho, go there in person and show the boss your hair!
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have called and complained-my hair looked horrible and I didn't have enough "balz" to say anything when I was there:( I told the manager that she was very nice, but my hair didn't come out the way I expected. So I went back in and she fixed it for free! The only problem was that it looked even worse than the first mess-up. Needless to say, I just paid somebody else to fix it:)
    Anonymous