Anyone ever have a plantar wart?

If so, how long did it last and what did you do to make it go away???

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Health

• Yes I had one, it hurt like hell, I had it for almost a year and it just kept getting bigger and I had to have it removed by a foot doctor. My 9 month old is yelling at me now I have to go , you can message me if you have questions about the procedure.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My son had one. It was huge!! He had to have the dr remove it, but the next day it was 4x the size and it was infected so he had to go back and they had to cut it off. They didn't even numb it. The dr said it was all dead skin, so it shouldn't hurt too bad. He didn't cry, he was only 5.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 1:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my youngest has two right now and I had two over a year ago or so after my oldest had them. We tried everything for mine, freezing , over the counter stuff but the one in my heel went too deep and hurt so much so the podiatrist cut it out. Its the needle that he stuck in there to numb it that hurt like heck! I wanted to yelp but I did good !
    Just be sure that the shower is clean, wear socks and keep hands clean after you have touched it. It is contagious! There are a number of ways to deal with this. You can find info on Google. That's how I did it!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I had 4 of them on my one foot when I was younger. My sister had one around the same time, but she dug hers out and didn't have any other problems.Also my father had one. I had to have mine burnt and then cut out and I had huge numbing shots. I watched the whole thing while lying on my stomach. I still can see where they were and sometimes I feel like I have them again, but then the pain stops (I tend to dig at them when I feel them). I would get them taken care of before they get any worse. Also they have special plantar wart stuff at the stores, but I think that they are for ones that are just starting and are not too deep. And I too was told that they are contagious from walking around especially in locker rooms and stuff with no shoes or socks on. I never did that, but my sister did and that is how me and my father ended up with them,
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My son had a few and he had them frozen at the dr's office. I think there is overt the counter stuff now- you could try that.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I had one big one and three little ones when I was young. I was using Compund-W. My mother scraped off the surface skin and found little black slivers. She told me that the black slivers were roots which had spread and could get worse if they weren't removed. She took a pair of tweezers and pulled out the slivers. After a month or so, we couldn't find anymore slivers. Not long after that, the warts disappeared. I did continue using the Cmpound-W the whole time.
    Foundatlast

Answer by Foundatlast at 3:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Foundatlast-- those might have been seed warts. My mom has had them and as soon as she gets the seed they go away.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Thanks jenniferlee for the info.
    Foundatlast

Answer by Foundatlast at 5:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2009