If you are tall, does your belly get bigger later?

I'm 12 weeks according to my last period due date and my belly doesn't seem to be as big as other 12 week bellies. I'm kind of worried! I'm taller than my friends so would that mean I would start to show later than them? I'll be seeing a doctor in early march so they'll check it out then but I'm getting kind of anxious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't start showing really until about six to seven months. My doctor says it is because I am tall and thin and that should make for an easier birth. I hope he is right!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• every one is different i was almost 7monts along with my first before i started too show now with this one you could tell at 4months
    Anonymous

• being tall or short has nothing to do with when you show. everyone is different and everyone shows at different rates. most people dont show till they are about 15 to 20wks along anyway. because your uterus still sits behind your pubic bone at 12weeks. dont stress.
    Anonymous

• im actually tall... 5'7

i didnt start showing until i was 25weeks ;) before that i would have been able to "hide" it without problems...

at 12 weeks i wasnt showing at all.. even though my pants got a little tight. haha

every pregnancy and every woman is different. it has nothing to do with how tall someone is.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• you wont really start showing at 12 weeks... you will have bloating and stuff but the baby isnt bigg enough to start showing...

when you get further along, it all depends on your body type. Some women "POP" at like seven months or six... some women show right away.... it all depends.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• If ur tall and small size you might not get that much of a tummy and still have a healthy baby.

It all depends on your body frame. Like petite girls get tiny bellies, and medium size girls get medium to big bellies and so on.....

Anonymous

• Everyone is different. I have the tiniest of friends that blew up like ballons and average-sized friends that you couldn't tell until they were almost full-term. I'm 5'10, maybe a tad taller, and I started showing after 20 weeks or so. The baby had plenty of room in my torso and my stomach didn't bulge out until later....and when it bulged...it bulged. My stomach was huge in the end. My son ended up being almost 9.5lbs.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• OH.MY.GOSH.
    NEVER believe a person who says because you are tall, birth will be easier. Your height is taller than average, that doesn't mean your VAGINA IS WIDE.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 1:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• anon at 10:35 thats not always true im a very short girl at just 5ft and very skinny befor i was prego im now 7 and half months and my belly is HUGE so just because your tiny doesnt mean you will have a tiny belly or because your big you will have a big belly.
    Being tall or short has nothing to do with how soon you will show its just all in how your body deals with being pregnant. at 12 weeks really no one shows you might feel you are but your not. i didnt show till i was about 6months along and now i look like i should pop anyday and i have 8weeks left.
    Anonymous

• I dont think it really makes a difference if youre tall or short. some people just carry babies differently than others. I'm short (5ft. 4in.) and avg weight (120) but I didnt sart showing until i was about 7 months pregnant. My son was 7lbs 6oz and perfectly healthy. Dont worry about it...be glad you arent spending lots of $$ on maternity clothes! =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2009