Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to protect my 6 and 3 year old girls from my ex husbands new girlfriends son who is 6...he threatens to hurt them and kill himself. How do i relax and not worry?? Im not sure what to do....totally lost

My kids go to their dads every other weekend, I dont feel my children are safe there. His new girlfriends son (6) has threatened to kill other children at school and himself and he's threatened to hurt my children. What can I do about this? Can I keep my kids from going there?? any advice would be great, thanks

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (8)
  • you need to sit down and talk to your ex husband about this and just tell him that if his girlfriends kid is going to be there then your not allowing your kids to go over there. its not a safe enviroment and you dont want your kids around him. plus it sounds like that mother needs to get her son some major help. hes 6 he shouldnt feel that way.

    Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • If your children have a law guardian call him/her and tell them your fears. If this child has anger problems and/or there are supervision issues at your ex's house do not let them go there, call the court and tell them to go ahead and file contempt charges but you honestly fear for your childrens lives.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • OMG you poor things. I empithize with you. I would make sure my ex knows what is going on and let him know if even one scratch is on the kids you will not let him have the kids. I don't know if this is legal or not but you shouldn't have to worry about them like that. How can you get any relaxation when you have to worry like that. That little boy needs some help. They should have him tested. That is just not normal.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • If this is going on at his house why isn't he doing anything about it? I would not let my kids go over there.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • Not only would I keep my kids away from him, I'd contact CPS. A 6 year old threatening to kill himself is in need of real help.

    Answer by companygoddess at 2:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • I have contacted Childrens Aid and the school has also, me and my ex do not get along at all the situation is very complicated. He will not sit down with me and talk about this, and I'm not sure yet what I can do legally as the boy does not live in his house, but he is always there with his mother. He does need help and I feel awful for the boy but his mother refuses to get him help, now that Childrens Aid is involved I hope she will step up and help him, if not they will. I just cant deal with the thought of him snapping and seriously hurting my girls when they are there. He is obviously unstable. This is beyond frustrating for me :(

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • Document. Write e-mails, send letter. Paper trail attempting to talk to him about the situation and your fears for your children. If that does not result, consoult their gaurdian or a lawyer, maybe you can get a R.O. for the child, or put in that he can't be around the girls.

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • You are doing the right thing. No matter what, protect your kids. As suggested by PP, document as much as you can. You are not meddling or being mean...this little boy needs someone to stand up for him and get him the help he needs.

    Answer by companygoddess at 10:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.