What can your 3 year old do??!!

Just a brag post!!! tell me what your 3 year can do! :)

xanayda

Asked by xanayda at 1:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter just turned three and she can count to 20, say some of her ABC's and she nows her colors!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i'll go first... My baby can count to 100.. she skips a few but for the most part can do it. She knows all her colors in english and spanish( thanks dora!) She can spell her name out loud and write it down. She gets dressed by herself and knows which shoes matches which outfit! (lol what have i created!!!?) She can sing the pledge of allegence. She loves to draw! and is actually really good at it! (no thanks to me!) she talks in full sentences although she speaks so fast sometimes you can't really understand! Oh and she HATES to be dirty and will ask for a towel or napkin to wipe her face,.. i'm sure there's more but i can't think of it yet!
    xanayda

Answer by xanayda at 1:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• ha ha maybe i'm not first!!! lol.
    xanayda

• My daughter (3) counts to 20, sings her ABCs, writes her name and a bunch of other small words, knows her states, sings tons of songs, knows some easy addition, draws very well (animals, smileys).

Yeah, she's a genius! :)
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My 3 year old counts to 100 with minimal help recognizing the numbers too, he recognizes his letters and knows the order, he knows the sounds letters make and can sound out words (starting to read), he's been writing several words since he was 2 1/2, he knows his colors and how to mix green, purple and orange, he's potty trained, puts on his own shoes and jacket and the majority of his clothes but does still need some help (fine motor skill delay), he knows his shapes including cone, pyramid and cylinder, sings some songs can add single digit numbers and do some subtraction. His drawing is becoming easily recognizable, and he's excelling with his speech and occupational therapy.

He's being evaluated for possible PDD-NOS and was recently tested for his cognitive skills...at 3 years 1 month, he tested at the level of a 5 year 4 month old boy.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• wow, i guess my dd is way off
    Anonymous

• Anon...nah...a 3 year old isn't expected to much of any of the stuff listed by any of us. It's not all it's cracked up to be anyway...

My oldest is in preschool and is bored (he was similar to my current 3 year old)...and him being bored is not good when he's supposed to be paying attention in class.

I can only speak for my kids, but it's freaky how easily they pick things up.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• She can count to 39, then to 100 if I help on the transitions, 39, 40....49,50 etc. She knows herj ABC's, Letter sounds and can recognize her letters. She can spell her name and is starting to read CVC words. She draws well, puts on her shoes...tries to tie them, does her own coat, zips it too. She likes to color and do dot-to-dots.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• anyone else wanna brag about your 3 year olds!!! :)
    xanayda

Answer by xanayda at 3:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• mom2queenie...I can't even get my 5 year old interested in tying shoes!! Good job! lol

(he's about to get a wake up call with his next pair of new shoes, though.....TIES)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2009