Getting breastmilk back after,11months?????

I had my daughter 13months ago, I breastfed her for the first month, got a yucky infection from my csection incision, took meds that got in my milk and had to stop, lost my milk.
This was my 4th child..
well, now my breast as of, 1month ago are so huge, heavy and feel kinda engorged. As you know when you have to dry your milk up, they get the Stinky smell of rotten milk,...Well I constantly have to wash them because of that smell as well...
Any idea, to why or if..my milk could come back after that long of a period??????and No I am not pregnant.

motheronthego4

Asked by motheronthego4 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would go see a dr. I have not heard of that but I do not know everything. See a doc or call an ask a nurse line. I think most women health centers have a number like that and might be able to answer that.
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 2:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I would contact an LC or LLL.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• call a doctor. and mine never smelled yucky when the milk dried up. eewww.
    Anonymous

• milk can take up to a year or more to be gone completely, but it sounds like you should see a doc. maybe you could try to express the milk to see if it trruly is milk.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes pituitary imbalances can cause prolactin levels (which stimulate breastmilk) to rise, causing lactation. I would call your doctor and get some blood drawn to look for hormone imbalances.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2009