• In the Spotlight:

Measuring big?

Why would I measuring 3 weeks to big? They are going to do an u/s but what could be going on? Anyone else experience this?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with due dates they can be a little off i wouldn't worry about it too much
    Anonymous

• Fetus position, a different set of hands measuring, growth spurt, excess fluid...
    Not to worry, mama.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• If this is not your first pregnancy your muscles have been streched and you can measure bigger. I have been measuring like 2 to 3 weeks ahead this pregnancy (number 4) and that is what my midwife told me. If it isn't your dates might be off or it could be a multiple pregnancy. If you are towards the end the baby might just be bigger than average.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 2:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Don't worry yourself too much ....I knew exactly when my last menstrual cycle was and it put me at a due date of Feb 17th, but according to my US (all of them) I was measuring 2 weeks ahead, and go figure he was born on the 18th and weighed in over 10lbs but he is healthy Thank God just a big baby that is all.... if the Dr thought there would be any room for concern I'm sure he would say something ....I wish you the best on your deiivery you are almost there .....
    a_ramli05

Answer by a_ramli05 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My measurements were always off. Come to find out on my 4th pregnany. I had a low pubic bone and that is why they were off. I only found out b/c my reg dr was out and his replacement had to check me.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 2:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have measured ahead off and on over this pregnancy, and then he always levels off by the next appt. I think he might just have a super growth spurt then chill, then grow a ton then chill lol. No need to worry!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2009