Does a towel under a carseat DEFINATLY protect your seat from indentions?

Irishgurl8605

Asked by Irishgurl8605 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Can't tell you about a towel but I have a rubber mat that goes under a car seat...it covers the seat back as well as the seat itself. I've used it on my leather seats in hot and cold weather and my seats are not dented.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 2:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Nope, it doesn't.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I use the rubber mat thing too. Denting the seat is no biggie for me. When you have a kid throw up while you're driving and it goes through the carseat onto to car seat THAT is a problem for me. The mat doea a great job.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• No towel, seat protector....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• A towel didn't keep my seats from denting... =(

juliemoose

Answer by juliemoose at 3:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I've heard that putting a towel under the carseat is dangerous, although I suppose it would depend on how you used it or how many times it was doubled over etc... but the issue mentioned was having the carseat slip out of place in an accident... just something to think about. I could be wrong but that's what someone told me. They make seat covers for just that reason.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 3:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• nope
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• no it doesnt help. try finding the mats that are made for that purpose. they works wonders. i got mine from mystrollers.com its the sunshine kids super mat. about $15 and free shipping!
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 4:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• They definitely do not - I was worried about that too when I had my son. I got this and it worked and still works great!

http://www.greatbeginningsonline.com/store/item.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=132&ITEM_ID=15128

You can find them at other places for a little cheaper.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 7:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2009