How to deal w/ jealously behavior between your kids?

I have a 8 yr old daughter and soon to be 3 yr old daughter.I would like to ask the ladies that have more than one child if you have jealous behavior w/ your kids and how you deal w/ it.
My 8 yr old has been showing jealous behavior of my other daughter .I love both my girls dearly and have tried to explain to my oldest that her sister is little & needs a lil more attention then her,that I love them both the same.I don't want her to feel her sister is loved more then her.
I have talked w/ my hubby and believe that we should maybe try and get a sitter for our baby daughter one day and take my 8 yr out to a movie,to eat or something that is just her and us hopefully making her feel that she gets attention too.I would appreciate any ideas that you find helps .

NCMommy326

Asked by NCMommy326 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think you have the right answer already. Taking her out for one on one time would be a good idea. Maybe ask her what she would like to do, show her that her opnion matters.
    Anonymous