Were you a "bridezilla"? Or do you cringe at the term as i do:)

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2014 in Just for Fun

• I was not. I was a wee thing, only 19 and just pregnant with my oldest (but did not know it). In my wedding pictures I look so contrite and overwhelmed lol.

Answer by Thairaze at 8:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2014

• I was never an actual bride (court house), but I cringe at them. I understand planning a wedding can be stressful, but that is not an all access pass to be a raging bitch.

Answer by AF4life at 8:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2014

• Lol thairaze. Poor thing:(. I was 26 but very overwhelmed as well and didnt have my own voice back then. Ive since learned to be more vocal but im never bitchy about it.....unless im pushed waaaay too far.

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2014

• Nope... in fact I cut so many of the traditional things out of our wedding my DH called me the "anti-bride"!! LOL

Answer by Ramble_on at 8:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2014

• Not really. I told my bridesmaids to go pick out something that was blue and matched, and beyond that I didn't care. I did have one bad spot, but it wasn't really my fault. My maid of honor is a seamstress, so her gift to me was my dress alterations. She had to add a quarter inch panel on each side to make it fit, and spent hours trying to match the lace exactly. One week later at the wedding I'd apparently lost another 5 lbs and the dress was too big. She had to shorten it on the fly in the room where we got ready, and kept threatening to iron me with the iron. It wasn't intentional, it was just stress.

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2014

• There was a marathon leading up to the first marriage counseling episode.
    Some o' those biotches be cray cray

I have never been a bridezilla. Once, I didn't even realize the JP had started the ceremony. LOL

Answer by feralxat at 8:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2014

• No, I was not. I had lived through my sister as Bridezilla and saw how ridiculous she was.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2014

• Yea i dont understand the idea thats its an all access pass to be a bitch.

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2014

• Hmmmmmm....honestly it depends on who you ask. IMO, no. However, I did get so frustrated & over-whelmed by the whole wedding planning process that I cancelled all my existing plans. And, my ex husband & I ended up having a planned "weddingmoon"/destination wedding in Greece.

Answer by 3libras at 8:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2014

• I shot a wedding once where I got in the middle of a cat fight between the bride and her sister.
    Literally, claws out, going to cause permanent damage.

I can't be the only one who has seen these people IRL.

Answer by feralxat at 8:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2014