What causes us to be heavy?

I mean for example 3 years ago I weighed 140 and now I weigh 160 :(

Is it the fat around me or is it the gravity all on me?

If I try to loose weight will I or can I get back to atleast 145?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Unhealthy habits are what causes one to weigh more, not gravity, lol would be nice though. Being sedentary and eating unhealthy things are usualy the main culprits. It could be something simple from a daily trip to Starbucks that causes you to slowly gain weight over a few years. 300+ calories on a drink (that you can make yourself for about 30 calories) adds up over time. Same with eating out more often than you usualy did, or drinking non-diet soda. And of course if you make positive eating changes and exercerise you can lose weight.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• more carbs to increase your metabolism and more exercise to burn the extra calories:) also by doing six smallmeals a day, you increase your metabolism as well:) you can also try eating larger portions in the morning and get smaller throughout the day..this way you are burning all the calories from the big meal(again it will help your metabolism) it is just our metablosims slow down as we get older..
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 2:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• You need to see a nutritionist. They will help you more than any advice you can get on here.
    Anonymous