Don't you hate it when?

People don't remember who they talked to? I work at a dealership, and I answer the phones there and this drives me up the wall. they call and say I talked to someone there and I don't remember their name, so i will say what did they look like, they say we only talked on the phone we never met, I say was it for parts? service? or sales? Sales they say, then I have to get their name and hunt down the salesman they talked to, UGH! It has happened TWICE today!

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 2:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol, i work in retail. last weekend a lady called the store because she was trying to order pants to match a jacket she'd bought earlier. her question was "i need to know if I'm looking at the right pants online or if its the other ones?" she wouldn't read any of the numbers off to me and when asked what they looked like her answer was "well they look a lot alike. so which one is it?" now how would i know the answer to that?! Ugh...some people!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• lol theres something to be said there but i wont lmao
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I work in advertising and people can never remember the name of their sales person. I am on the production side of things so after I talk to them about what kind of a commercial they want, they can't remember who they need to talk to about the prices. It's complicated but that happens all the time with me. I understand your frustration.
    Anonymous

• I don't know about how it is where you work, but frequently when I talk with someone on the phone they say their name so quickly that I hardly get a chance to understand what they said much less write it down. If I am just checking for information, I may not even think of writing down the name. Now if I knew that I wanted to speak to the same person again, I would make a point of making sure that I had the name. What might be a good idea for salespeople would be that as the call is ending if they would say thank you for the call, please ask for me , George, - and spell it to reinforce it- when you call again. Something to help the caller remember. Not that it would work but at least he's done all he could.

Answer by Bmat at 2:20 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Sorry, but I think that's part of your job if you answer the phone. People's lives get busy, they aren't going to remember the name of every person they've only talked to once in their life. You know the people at your dealership, but the caller may not.

Anonymous

• BMat all the salespeople do that, and they give them the number of the dealership to call back, the only time it is real annoying is when it is with the salesmen, because once they have talked to one salesman they have to talk to that same one again especally if they were quoted a price. It is soo frustrating.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 2:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• anon i totally disagree yes it may be her job but to make things easier for everyone i always write down the names of the people i talk to that way if there is a problem it goes right back to that person
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yes and if they are calling to talk to a salesman they do it because they are going to buy something from them and form a relatinship with them. Would you just forget the name of a salesman you were going to buy a car or a house from. Also one guy called all day long one day and forgot his salesmans name EVERYTIME, so most of the time it is not just once that they have spoken with someone.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 2:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• if thats consider the worst thing in your day consider yourself lucky
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 2:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I always forget who I talked to on the phone at places like that =x
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2009