Does your dh make you mad?

My dh has allergies he has had them 12 years off and on mostly on.
He has been going to an allergy doctor but I don't see a difference maybe for alittle while and then he's stuffed up again. I suggested for him to go to an ENT doctor and he said ok fine make an app. I did. Then he calls me back saying he made an app. with the allergy doctor and to cancel the ENT. I need him to get better not only for his comfort but I hate that he breathes through his mouth sometimes.
The allergy doctor gives him shots but I think an ENT will do more for him like surgery or something that WILL actually help him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Health

• Surgery won't help allergies. He can see another specialist, but it sounds like he is already seeing the right kind of doctor for his problem. I know you feel annoyed, but when you feel that way try to imagine how annoying it is for him to have to live with allergies.
    Anonymous

• An ENT would just send him to an allergy specialist. You can't fix allergies with surgery. Sounds like he is doing the right thing. You really should be more supportive.
    Anonymous

• Yeah allergies can't be fixed with surgery. The allergist can test to find out what he is specifically allergic too then treat it with the proper medication. What you may be thinking about as far as survery is having part of the septum removed for easier breathing...this doesn't stop anyone from not having allergies but opens the nasal passageways. But this doesn't always work. My cousin had some of hers removed a few yers ago because her nasal passage was so small she always had to breathe thru her mouth. It was nice for about 3 months and then it returned and it's like she never had the surgery to begin with 4 years later. It was a complete waste of time, pain and money!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2009