What is one thing you said you would never do to your kids, but now you do it?

I said I would never use a leash on my kids. I always thought it was mean and treated them like dog. But guess what, I used one and my kids loved it!!

4monkees

Asked by 4monkees at 2:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Using the words "because I said so" as an answer.

Anonymous

• saying becouse I am mom that's why. I always said I would explain evertthing to them but after a hundred "why?" I tend to lose my patience.
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 2:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Say ...."because i said so". When I was a kid and my mom would tell me I couldn't do something, I'd ask why, and always get "Because I said so, " as a response. I promised myself that I'd never do that to my kids...but sometimes, that's really all that needs to be said.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• lol, before i opened the question i was thinking the same thing. i always swore i'd never use a leash on my kids but we have one!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I always swore I'd change her diaper before EVERY feeding. But she cries when she's hungry and it's so much harder to change her when she's so upset. So i change her after I feed her now. My mom thinks I'm horrible for making her sit in a messy diaper while she eats-but at least she's not screaming through the diaper change.
    Anonymous

• Oh wow... how many times have I eaten crow since having kids...? Too many to count. =)

The one I get called on the most was that I said "my child will never use a pacifier." Wrong! and I couldn't break her of it until she was 3.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• haha i look back on what my mom said to me, and now that im older is actually quite funny.
    I personally like when I get told "that's not fair" and my response is "Life isn't fair."
    hahahaha
    I also like when I get asked why I can do things and my 7 yr old asks why they can't and i usually say " Because I'm the mommy and where you're the mommy you can do that too."
    hahahahah
    Anonymous

• The one thing I never forsaw myself doing is cutting my 17 year olds mohawk for him, but I did. Now at 25 he still talks about how cool it was that I did that for him.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 6:20 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I swore I would never tell my kids "because I said so". But there are times there is really nothing else to say.
    m_allen

Answer by m_allen at 12:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2009