How long will I bleed after delivery?

I had my daughter one month ago today, of course after delivery I begin bleeding. But after a certain point I figured I would stop. I am breastfeeding her. But I am continuing lite bleeding. I just wonder if this is normal. I have heard of mothers who breastfeed stop having periods? Am I just wishing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bleed the whole 6 weeks but after that while nursing i did not get my period. I also lost the weight real quick.
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 2:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i did not nurse and bled for 4 weeks...took a few days off and got my period and have been regular since
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 2:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It can take weeks for the light bleeding to stop.
    And yes, many moms who breastfeed don't have periods. BUT dont' think that means you can't get pregnant. Millions of women have babies a year apart because they believed the old "you can't get pregnant while breastfeeding" myth.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I didn't breastfeed for long, and I stopped bleeding after a week.

It's just one of those things that is going to be different for each woman...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I bled for 8-9 weeks and was breastfeeding. Still haven't gotten a period almost 10 months later (still bfing).
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 3:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I bled heavily for about 4 weeks and stopped all together a few days before my 6 week check up.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I bled for 6 1/2 weeks after my daughter was born. You will know when it gets to the end though b/c all of a sudden it was very heavy like a heavy period and then 2 days later it was all gone. I'm breastfeeding and haven't had a period since.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I bf and bleed for 6 weeks then got my period today she is 8 weeks old.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I bled for about 2 weeks while BFing....I did not have a period for 4 months but I am still BFing and have started having regular periods since December.
    Anonymous

• You ladies that breastfeed are lucky you don;t get your period lol. I'm breastfedding now my 3 month old no supplements or bottles she hates bottles. I bled for 8 weeks Just got my period back in the beginning of Feb grrrr
    ryansmommy31207

Answer by ryansmommy31207 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2009