Do your kids do this to you?

While getting them ready for school and all you are thinking about is hurrying up and get them off to school no time to stop for anything.

While helping they all of a sudden what to give me a hug and sit for awhile and I am like c'mon guys let's get ready to go or you will be late for school.
And they're like it's ok I want a hug right now and I tell this is not the time to get hugs (even though I do give them a real quick one) but it is not the same.

Are they asking for a hug to stall time or do they really want a hug?

Personallly, I would rather get my hugs after all is said and done you know like school, practice, dinner then we can sit back and hold eachother fo ras long as they want. But of course they don't understand that...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I always stop to hug my son. It takes 5 seconds and it can mean so much to show your kid for just a moment that they are special.
    Anonymous

• My son would do anything to stall time...doesn't matter where we are going....
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 2:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Maybe say I'll hug after we are ready for school...I would always hug them especially when they ask but I would try to get them ready first. JMO.
    momofzachjassop

Answer by momofzachjassop at 2:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Maybe wake them up earlier, just 10 or 15 minutes even. Will that make it less rushed?
    Anonymous