i got the iud and need input

i got the iud almost a month ago and i checked the strings lasnight but they were like curled upward like a (u shape) i can feel them and i dont think it has come out but i dont know if it is normal for the strings to curl upward

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Health

• i have an iud but i have no idea. you should be able to your drs office and ask a nurse though.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Its completely fine :) I have an IUD (Mirena) and I have NEVER once felt the strings. I went to my doctor and he said they are there and everything is in place, so if you can feel the strings, then youre good! :)
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 2:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have Mirena also, and have never been able to feel the strings. I ask my husband every now and then to check (which is more than happy to do LOL!) and its always where it should be. The strings are designed to curl up and back around the neck of your cervix. If you are really concerned, you can always have your doctor check to make sure the placement is intact though.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 6:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2009