Myspace questions

I know most of you ladies are more myspace savy then i am, I have a very defiant 14 yr old daughter that seems to think she can do whatever she pleases. I warned her yesterday that if she didnt come home after school i was going to take her myspace away, What i want to do is change her email when i change her password, How can that be done?

carpetsharksmom

Asked by carpetsharksmom at 2:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Just go to profile, edit profile, and then account settings. Just delete the email that is there and add the one that you want.
    Anonymous

• when you log onto the account go to account settings. the first box in that menu is change contact address.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Thank you ladies i appreciate the help.
    carpetsharksmom

Answer by carpetsharksmom at 2:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Keep in mind that she may just create a new name on myspace. I would put parental controls on the computer to keep her off of myspace or the internet, whatever you feel necessary. If she is like you say, changing the email address isn't going to stop her.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• first off no 14yr old child should be on myspace it is for kids 16 and up there for your daughter is lying about her age to be on there
    Anonymous

If you are going to bash me for an agreement with my child on a trial period at least you could do is show your screenname.
    carpetsharksmom

Answer by carpetsharksmom at 3:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

This was done without my permission to begin with, But we had an agreement that she is not allowed to be on it when we are not home. We log off the computer when we are not here. Thats why she was allowed to keep it. But with latest events she has proven herself other.
    carpetsharksmom

Answer by carpetsharksmom at 3:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• If she can't abide by the rules then you do what you have to do. I firmly agree that desperate times call for desperate measures. Lock her down if you have to but you must make your word law in your home. Is there a way you can just pick her up? I know not everyone can monitor their kids 24/7 because of work but it was just a thought. My dd is also 14 and her myspace was deleted about 2 mos ago. She has not gotten it back and has not asked. Her violations were quite serious and we felt that she needed as little influence from that "world" as possible. We also decided that as parents, we had to set an example, so we deleted ours as well. We were just keeping up with our family and friends, but nevertheless, we wanted to make the rules apply to everyone.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• You could just lock your computer with a password so that when you aren't home she can't get on unless you log into your computer for her. Save yourself a little hassle. Myspace is fine for kids, but it does require monitoring.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I simply have my dd as a user on my computer.. She has to know MY password to even get on the computer.. NO IFs, ANDs, BUTs about it.. Plus, I'm her friend on myspace and facebook so that I can check on her progress.. I do however change my password VERY often.. She is going to be 16 in less than 2wks.. My computer, My rules.. Plain and simple..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 12:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2009