How do I get my two year old to sleep in his bed all night?

Every night, my son Phillip will fall asleep in his bed and then low and behold will come into our roon and crawl into bed with my husband and me. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have a full size bed (way too small for three) and my son moves around more than my husband and I combined and keeps us awake...leaving both of us grumpy and tired....

phillipsmommy

Asked by phillipsmommy at 3:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep putting him back in his own bed. He'll get the message.
    You can always try a behaviour chart too. He gets a sticker for getting ready for bed and then one for staying in bed all night. (you could even stock up on toys from the dollar store and let him pick one at the end of the week).
    One Step Ahead or Leaps and Bounds also has a neat night light: it glows blue for night and yellow for day. Tell him he can't get out of bed until it's yellow.
    Good luck!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 3:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• When you find out, let me know too, lol!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 3:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i need help on that one too. my son will wake up in the middle of the night if he sleeps in his bed..
    hot_mami121

Answer by hot_mami121 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• does he have his own room? my son started this around 16months. he would fall asleep in his room and then come in the middle of the night to our bed. (we have a full also) A friend suggested we move his big boy bed into our room and that did the trick! let him get comfortable in his own bed for a few weeks and then move it back into his own room. if he does relapse though and come back into your room the main thing to remember is you have to be consistent!
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 4:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• When you find out please let all of us know! lol. My husband has been sleeping in my sons toddler bed the last couple nights just because hes tired of being kicked in the head. and our son actually kicked him until he falls out of the bed. (sorry i have to laugh at this LOLOLOL) But seriously he needs to sleep in his own bed NOTHING WORKS> ugh.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:56 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Same here my daughter will wake up screaming n hollering. i try to sit with her but it doesnt work she just keeps saying mommi i wanna go to ur bed so after a while I just give up. n her bed is in our room n it still doesnt work
    xixi1

Answer by xixi1 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 21, 2009