Skin care!!!!!!

My face has broken out since FOURTH GRADE. I am now 25 (almost 26). I have tried almost everything out there; noxema, pro active, clearasil, avons clearskin, marykay face wash, neutrogena 30 day kit, neutrogena stress free scrub, clearasil ultra, oxy, natures cure, seabreeze, accutane.... but NOTHING works. I do wash my face EVERY night, and EVERY morning. I always put some form of acne cream on as a base under my foundation, and the foundation i use is the neutrogena skin clearing. I have tried various foundations, have tried going without foundation for a week... I just don't know what to do. Regardless of what I do, I still break out. Worse right before my period, but always breaking out. I have seen a dermatologist in the past, they only prescribe accutane.

Does ANYONE have any suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Every doctor will tell you chocolate won't break you out. They don't know what they're talking about. It's the super high sugar and fat concentration in candy and cookies and cakes that did it to me. I always craved these more right before my period and really broke out then. I figured it out and stopped eating all that junk. Within a month my face was cleared up. Give it a try.
    Anonymous

• Its probably diet related. Try to write down everything that you eat for a few weeks. The things that you eat alot of may be the problem. I would try to weed those out one at a time and see if it helps at all. It may take awhile, but it might help to figure out the problem. I did that and figured out that it was soda. My brother also had bad skin around his hair line and jaw line, and figured out that it was his shampoo. Weird I know. But it could be anything. Good luck. :)
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Accutane is a very strong acne med that has radical results. This is not something you can take if you can become pregnant...it causes definent birth defects. Most docs won't Rx unless you are on BC. You also have to have your blood tested monthly to make sure its not having an effect on your liver. That being said its great. As long as your body is being monitored by a doc to make sure its not having any advers effects. You can google Accutane journals to get a better idea of what it is.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Try acne.org and Neutrogena's SkinId. I know how you feel - I have been breaking out since 8th grade and after my 1st son, my skin cleared up. But as soon as I got preggo with #2, my face went crazy on me. Now I have marks and acne and it never gets better. I have found that 1 part water to 1 part white or apple cider vinegar is supposed to work. Put on Q-Tip and apply to pimples and red spots only b/c it can be drying. Also, baby diaper rash cream w/zinc oxide. Crazy I know, but the zinc oxide sries them out like overnite (trust me - I tried it). And buy an aloe plant and apply fresh aloe to your face for the marks. Please son't use Benzoyl Peroxide unless in the face wash or mask form because it has less concentration- it is very harsh to sensitive skin and has left me with teeny pock marks for scars. Also try a retinoid cream for wrinkles - that might help.
    tevon_mommy

Answer by tevon_mommy at 6:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have huge acne prone skin. I wash my face using Philosophy's Purity and then I follow with the Kate Somervile Acne line. I also use Bobbi Brown's oil free foundation and have found that my skin doesn't break out as much as it use to.

You might also try the Buzz on Acne, goggle it and see if that is something you might be interested in trying as well.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• sometimes you can dry your face out too much and it will break out as a result. I have been having really good luck with Arbonne products. I used to use and sell Mary Kay--I have tried it all--some times it is the fragrance that is put into most products--read your list of ingredients this will help---I find that looking up the ingredients will help you figure out if you want to continue using products.
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Drink tons of water. May not be a sure cure, but it will help your skin be healthy from the inside out! That's the only advice I have, sorry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I can bet you any amount of money NO face washes will EVER work. your problem is probably Hormonal and can only be fixed by going on Birth Control, been in your boat for many many year's and that's all that clears my face up! Talk to your doctor about what kind of pill is best for clearing up acne, for you.
    Anonymous

• toothpaste. I swear by it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I thought I was the only one on the planet with this problem...I'm almost 38 and for 25 of them, I've sufferd the way you describe. I too, tried all the lines you mentioned and then some. Accutane gave me a bad reaction so that was out too.
    I don't know if you've heard about Seriesse....I actually became a consultant for them because their acne line worked for me. It's made for adults. I also started to drink a lot more water with their green tea drops...good anti oxidant. You will not believe how good it felt when I left the house without makeup for the first time....I felt like crying. People who don't have acne do not understand how debilitating it can be.
    I really feel for you and just want to say, don't give up. You will find something that works for you. Let me know if you want to try my stuff and good luck.
    Noosh

Answer by Noosh at 3:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2009