Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he wants me to pay half of all the bills

does anybody knows about how the law in Fl works, to protect the wifew, my situation is that I have been working for three yrs, giving my husband my paycheck everyweek. He makes more money than me, much more and he wants me to pay half of the bills. He does not pay for his car, or blackberry, or gas, or health inssurance, he can used the company car for dinners, etc.

He pays everything from our account including his child support, but what I dont know is how much money he is been putting into that account. He has different accounts, and money markets, but they are HIS. Can you give me a suggestion. I got fed up and told him that from now on I was going to manage my money. I dont think is fair for me to pay half of everything, the house we live in he had it before we got marry, so is HIS. I need your advise girls. Any lawyer in Cafe mom????

Answer Question

Asked by Chenell299 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Sounds like you need to just leave him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • scraggggg that!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • Find a lawyer, pay for the consultation. I'm sure it will be worth the time and money to know what the laws really are. Especially if you are planning at some point to divorce.

    Answer by isabellalecour at 3:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • The accounts are not his. You are legally married so the money is half yours. Get an attorney and leave him!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • Leave him, but not without consulting with an attorney first.

    Answer by caitlinsmom1012 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • Sounds like you have a serious problem and it's not the fact that you need advice on what to do with bills. There is NO trust in your marriage, are you ok with that? Are you happy with your husband? I'd get into counseling if I were you. The money between a man and a wife is not his or hers, it's theirs.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • Sorry, checked the anonymous button by accident. That last answer was mine. And if you ever want to chat/vent, send me a message.

    Answer by feesharose at 5:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • talk with an attorney. Many have free consultations. Look in the phone book and see what you can find. I do know you don't legally have to give him a dime of your money unless you choose to. You don't legally have to pay for any bill that isn't exclusively in your name. He's just being a control freak. Get an acct in your name. Have your money directly deposited in it. See if the lawyer can't get you the information about all his other accts. That money and investments are half yours. You have to a right to know how much is in there and where the money is going.

    Answer by admckenzie at 6:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • You give your man your paycheck?????? Screw that!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.