Obama calls for restraint, turn electric down, sacrafice........................

It is reported that in the Oval Office he keeps the temp at 80 degrees. He traveled all the way to Colorado just to sign a bill. It was a dire emergency of unpresidented levels to pass this spending bill so much so that a congressman has to leave his own mothers funeral to vote, but Obama took his family for ice cream and a trip back home to Chicago instead. ALL ON THE TAX PAYERS DIME!

Then after signing this bill Pelosi and 7 other congretional members took a trip to Italy, ITALY, ALL ON THE TAX PAYERS DIME!

Does anyone else find this simply appalling, disgusting, bringing a new meaning to hypocritical?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This has been all over many of the news channels. Are you girls aware that President Obama wants to have it so if you have to buy a new heating system for your home, it will automatically be set to a temp of 65 degrees and not go higher? His own words during campaigning, not mine. Yes, I am appalled at the way this whole thing was handled. I find it very troubling that our leaders have taken total advantage of us. Bush is not the commander in chief anymore so bashing him is useless now. Obama owns this whole baby as of Jan. 20th. There are no reasons to blame anyone else for his actions now. Doesn't matter what you are, dem. or rep, or indepe, this should bother you that you and your family are being told to sacrifice yet the leaders do as they please on our tax dollars.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• no not at all
    Anonymous

• I keep our heat at 65. I could care less what he does there. We ARE in a crisis though. But if he regulates me to make my heat a certain temp, then I will have issues and make it a crisis for politicians.

The rest~ It's American Politics. I would think that given his campaign promises, and the crisis~if Obama was going to be about Change, Transparency, AND Responsibility he would avoid making some of the costly errors during a crisis on the taxpayers dime. But hey, that is just me giving my opinion on this crisis and the Pres.

(dern, I tried to use the word crisis as much as Obama, but couldn't do it. He is GOOD! ::wink::)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• it do as i said not as i do, do you guys know that by now!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• what is good for the geese isn't good for the gander
    Anonymous

• I didn't know Al Gore was heading up the runnings of the White House staff and daily management. Is he going to be heading up the grounds keeping and rose garden pruning too?
    Anonymous

• All I know is that when I turn up the heat really high, I feel like smoking some Kool's and having some $100 lb steak. That's how he rolls........That's your boy-Obama.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• no not at all

just keep my black man in office

Anonymous

• If Obama didn't fly to CO to sign the bill there would be complaints about that too. Look, he is president, he has things he has to do, it just is what it is. Doesn't mean that its ok that we are wasteful, he is right, we should sacrafice, there are times he just can't because he is PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Should we go over the spending and wasteful trips during Bush's administration or can we just be smart about this? How about moving past hating him and trying something different to help this country?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• How about moving past hating him and trying something different to help this country?

Like impeachment?

Anonymous