Breech baby to turn after 37 wks.

Anyone had a breech baby turn after 37 wks? I just had an unsuccessful version (the docs. tried to turn her but she resisted) and I'm looking into possibly going to an acupuncturist or a chiropractor who specializes in this kind of thing. Anyone done anything to get their baby to turn so late? She hasn't dropped yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it couldnt hurt but keep in mind babies choose their postion for a reason so if she doesnt wana turn shes not going to.
    Anonymous

• I got mine to turn at 35 weeks. It was kind of painful as I'm sure you know since you had a version. There are exercised that you can do to get the baby to turn. I was told to get on all 4's like a dog and rock back and forth. I did that for like a week and then he finally turned. Just look out because you might think you are in labor. It's rough when they are that big and you are that far along for them to have enough room to turn. I even got a bruise that you could see on the outside of my stomach. It was terrible!
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 3:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My baby was breech until 39 weeks and then just turned on her own. My doc had set a date for a C-section because she said babies don't turn after they are that big but one day I could feel her turning. It hurt having her sideways but she made it all the way around in a couple days and when I went back and told my doc she had turned she did not believe me because it was my first and she thought I did not know but when she did an ultrasound sure enough. I had her naturally at 41 weeks.
    Katieasmom

Answer by Katieasmom at 4:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• That's great to hear, Katiesmom, as my baby is sideways. It is very uncomfortable, but I am doing my exercises hoping she turns on her own.
    Anonymous

• My first was transverse and turned on his own at 39 weeks..he was born a couple of days after that.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 1:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2009