do you think the doc will induce me at 38 weeks..

Im 37 weeks 2 days today.. i will be 38 weeks on the 25th of Feb.. i really wanna be induced the last week of feb. but seeing a how i'll only 38 weeks it will be kinda hard.. since they don't really like to induce before 38 weeks anyways.. but i was wondering if anyone knew how to convince the doc to induce me.. like lie about relatives coming in to see the baby and iw ould have to have the baby while they are here.. or what i just want this baby out.. Im boarder line GB's and i know it could effect my baby if i went over 40 weeks.. which i don't wanna do..
--any suggestions--

QTSuZ08

Asked by QTSuZ08 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No they dont normally induce you without a medical reason.

Answer by gemgem at 3:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• No i dont think so. It's usually best to wait until baby is ready to be born and drs dont usually induce just because that is more convenient for the rest of the family.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• your going to get bashed more then likely for asking this.
    try and be patient you have made it this far. your baby will come when she is ready. a due date is just estimated anyway. you dont want her to come early and any good dr wont induce unless its medically needed. sorry.
    Anonymous

• I hope not....
    Anonymous

• That is a terrible, terrible idea. Babies statistically do much better once they pass the 39 week mark. If there is no real reason to induce before 40 weeks, it is dangerous and a bad idea to do so. Hang in there mama. I know you want that baby out of there, but it's more important that baby is born healthy.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't do that. Why not let the baby decide? No one said pregnancy was easy. If they feel you medically need it fine, but any other reason is a no. JMO
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• are you seriously that selfish too risk your babies health too have them come early if a doctor was too do that i hope they take their license away
    Anonymous

• My OB will not induce until after 39 weeks even if the baby is large. I don't there is anything you can do to get them to induce since you will only be 38 weeks. I know it's hard, but just hang in there. Unless you have a serious medical reason there is no way that they would do it for you. Keep your chin up and hang in there.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 3:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I had Csections at 38 wks & 37 wks. They were MEDICALLY necessary.

I'm sure if you have a medical reason to not go over 40 wks, your dr will make sure you've delivered by then.... but w/o a true medical situation, there's no reason to induce you.

The baby will come out when it's ready.... not on mama's terms. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I had mine at 39 weeks only because I had gestational diabetis. My doctor was still not sure about doing that but she saw the babies might be big so she decided to induce. My babies were fine but that was the ONLY reason she induced me. Before I knew I had asked if there was a waybecause I had family and friends all over the country and she said no they can see the baby when they get here, the baby will still be there.
    Anonymous