• In the Spotlight:

is it too early for my 1yr old little boy to have his own room?

eLyLo

Asked by eLyLo at 3:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Of course not. My son has had his own room since birth, and he's been sleeping on his own in there full time since he was 5 months old.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my son has had his own room since he was born. he's been sleeping in his own bed in his room since 7 weeks...so no i dont think its too early.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• ha ha! No way! Mine has had his own room since before he was one week old!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My son has had his own room since birth too ... I guess this question depends on how many bedrooms are in your house and how many kids you have. DH and I would like to have 2 or 3 kids, but we have a 3 bedroom house, so I think we may end up with 2 kids so each one can have their own room.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Ours FS was about 9 mos, I think, when we moved him to his own room so that we all could get some sleep! (We're pretty light sleepers.) He would wake when we moved, we would wake when he moved, so into his own room he moved. He likes it, and from about 15-16 mos he would go into his room, look at us, and say "Bye" & shut the door! LOL! Of course we've duct taped the "catch" on the door, so that he could come out by grabbing the door stop at the bottom. Very independent little guy!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my baby has slept in her own room since she was 2 months. and i have never had a problem with her. she started sleeping through the night at 2 weeks! we just have a monitor in her room that is always on when she goes to bed or nap.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Nope...my guy had his own room by then...and now his lil bro sleeps in there too!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My daughter has had her own room since birth.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• If you have the room why not. I have 3 bedrooms 1 is ours then the other 2 my dd have of there own my oldest is almost 4 and my baby is 13 months
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It really depends on you. My 18 month old sleeps with us and we are perfectly happy with that; I could not imagine her in another room. If you are still enjoying your current arrangement, then by all means continue. If you want her in her own room, then that is fine too. I would just be sure to make it a gradual transition.
    Cassandra_Lyn

Answer by Cassandra_Lyn at 7:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009