lack of competitiveness and liberals? any correlation?

Do you feel that people who are not competitive tend to be more liberal in their views? Are we "leveling the playing field" to support everybody's views and sensitivities? Is this weakening our future as a country and as individuals? Does allowing people the ability to "march to the beat of their own drum" and do what they want defy SOME standards, such as hard work ethic, and hurt our society?

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 4:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Liberals are less competitive??? Uh, I'm sorry...who won all those past elections and now controls the House, Senate and the Presidency?? Oh yeah, the liberals...LOL!
    Anonymous

• liberals are politically correct.
    Anonymous

• obviously the libtards don't understand your question.
    Anonymous

• anon 4:07 - you can't think outside of the box huh? dig deep honey.

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Seriously, aren't those sour grapes starting to taste REALLY bad by now? LOL! You know, you all look like a 2yr old who was destroying their toy truck on purpose and so Mommy took it away and told you since you can't take care of your things you can't have them and now you are throwing a tantrum because she wouldn't let you pull the tires off the truck and set it on fire and then blow it up! LOL!
    Anonymous

• Competitiveness would also imply fair play....Sorry I couldn't resist. The Dems don't do either, well.
    Anonymous

• That's what the Americans are trying to say to Obama now, please don't destroy us while you play with our emotions, Prez.
    Anonymous

• What's there for a liberal to be competitive for? The less you work and the less you try, the more the government will give you! Liberal governments support lazy people with handouts that are supported by people who actually try hard and work for their paychecks.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I actually think a person can be liberal and competitive. But the democratic platform supports and ecourages people to just be content at staying down. Some of them can't see it because they truly are happy just being at the bottom. When you make it comfortable to stay poor, you will see more and more people stay at that state. They need to make it uncomfortable so that less will be poor.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

------------
    so true. my MIL and FIL have been hard-core Democrats all their lives, and are now both relying on government aid. I'm sure they had plenty of chances to take better care of themselves (my MIL told me some stories), and they made unwise, uninformed, or selfish decisions. They are all for increasing welfare and helping the poor, and taking from the rich (the latter being kinda shocking for me to hear). Now they are at a point of no return, unless someone could list them as dependents, they are forever reliant on the government.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 5:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2009