going to the dentist??

is it dangerous going to the dentist and having work done while your prego? I had my son and i got pregnant 3 months later and my teeth have gotten hit brutally for it.I really need to have work done cause it feels like im getting a problem but im worried about it having negative effects on the pregnancy.

Autumnleaves09

Asked by Autumnleaves09 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need to be careful if you try to have dental work done while pregnant. The problem is if bacteria enter your bloodstream during the procedure it can then cross the placenta to your unborn baby and cause problems. MOST dentists won't do work on a pregnant woman because of the risks.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• You can go, just don't get any X-rays.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my doctor told me it was okay as long as your not going under or get laughing gas... ask your doctor just to be sure. but im almost positive they will tell you its okay.
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 4:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I had cleanings and alot of filling when I was pregnant, both my Dr and dentist knew I was and they said it was fine.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2009