Is my baby developing like others?

My daughter who is 6 months old 2 days ago. Hates being on her stomach.. so therefore she hasnt crawled.
She gets in her walker and goes in reverse instead of forward.
I don't see how she'll walk if she wont crawl.
I don't know what else do i make her a pallet on the floor because i have hardwood floor and she gets ticked even when i lay toys around her. she rolls over sometimes. but when i lay her back on her stomach shes back mad and sometimes when i put her on her back she does the same.
Confused. is this nomal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies hate tummy time. Keep in mind all those babies eventually learned to crawl and walk.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My daughter hated being on her tummy too. She didn't really like playing flat on the floor until she figured out how to roll over on her own (4.5 mo.). She didn't do a real crawl until 8 mo. and then she wasn't good at it until closer to 9 mo. She started pulling up to standing and cruising around furniture at the same time. A lot of babies now a days (since the back to sleep campaign) are skipping crawling altogether and going straight to walking. Every baby is different...but they all do it eventually. It sounds to me like yours is on track. Maybe get her the VTech roll and crawl ball. It rolls away on its own (and sings and lights up) so it encourages baby to go after it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Oh yes its normal, most kids dont learn to go forward in their walker until later, as for tummy time alot of babys dont like it but she will still learn to crawl when she is ready
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my little one is the EXACT same way.
    Just let your little one decided when THEY ARE READY :)
    Mine is standing on her own already, and if she skips crawling, what does it really matter?
    She'll know how to do it someday :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Oh...and as excited as you are about your baby crawling/walking, etc...once they actually start to do it, you'll be like...man I wish they'd stop! =) Enjoy it while you can.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Walking has nothing to do with crawling.
    Anonymous

• My son is 8.5 months and is now learning to crawl. He has been on his hands and knees "rocking" for about a month and is finally making some forward motion now :)

I wouldn't be concerned at all. All babies develop at their own pace. My nephews never crawled and hated tummy time. But then again, my SIL had hard wood floors too and didn't put them down often. I have carpet so it's easier to put my son down. I also put down a blanket so it's a bit more comfy.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My friends baby she doesnt walk yet or even crawl and shes a year old..so I wouldnt worry too much. Babies develop at different speeds.

My son however was walking about 9/10months.

Big difference. I have heard that girls are more vocal and boys more active. Wouldnt worry though.

I agree walking has nothing to do with crawling. My son crawled a lot but my dad told me none of us lot really crawled we just seemed to get up and walk lol.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My DD is 6 months too and she doesn't like being on her tummy. Every time I put her on her back she rolls to her tummy and then cries. so I put her on her back and she rolls over and does the same thing. I don't think you need to worry about crawling yet. And in response to the comments about not needing to crawl before walking...Its a good idea b/c its a stage of development. a friend of mine had a baby that walked b4 crawling and the doc made them go back and make the baby crawl. Don't rush it.
    Anonymous

• My baby is 9 months and has absolutely NO interest in crawling. Everyone keeps telling me that she will crawl when she is ready. My hubby and I try to help her with it, but she is not really "feeling it". I think everyone is right....she'll crawl or maybe just skip it and start walking!! LOL! Don't worry!!! :)
    italy4118

Answer by italy4118 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2009