Stripping memebranes = induction?

Does anyone know if stripping emebranes is considered inducing labor? I am pregnant with my second child and had a C-section with my 1st casue she was breech. My doc told me that as long as I go into labor with this one before the sceduled C-section at 40 weeks, I can try for a VBAC, but they won't induce me. Just wondering if this is considered induction becasue I'd like to do everything possible to have this baby naturally and avoid a C-section

RebekahsMommy06

Asked by RebekahsMommy06 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is considered a way to POSSIBLY start labor...but the doctor has to do it.

It didn't do anything for me when mine were stripped.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I don't think so. I think it just gives you a better chance of going into labor sooner, and/or dilating sooner. I never had it done though.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 4:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I had it done twice. And neither time worked. So theirs def no guarentee. So its a way of trying. To me it just hurt BAD and it was a waste of time because it didnt work!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2009