My wedding cake?

I am undecided on how to do my cake. I can do them and make them look professional (I have a pro cake maker in my family but they live 10 hrs away and wont be at teh wedding) but I dont know what I should do!!! The one thing I really like is when the cake looks like chocolate is dripping from the sides. like somebody poured chocolate on top and its drippy looking. I might try to do that with chocolate fondant by cutting it out in the shape of drips. what do you think?

jody1130

Asked by jody1130 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• do whatever you want. look at cake magazines to get ideas and make your dream cake.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Can you get the look that you want with a regular buttercream chocolate frosting? Use a knife to swoop the frosting down the sides?

Answer by Bmat at 4:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• you guys are making me hungry for cake.
    Anonymous

• Why not just pay someone to make the cake you want?
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 4:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• liked mine, it had the basket weave to it. I thought that was very pretty
    RAINandTYsMom

Answer by RAINandTYsMom at 5:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Have you thought of using poured fondant or warming buttercream frosting so it is more fluid? I'm not a cake artist but I've seen pictures of it
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I figured it out!! I asked the same question to a forum on theknot.com and they said is was chocolate ganache. I was looking at more cakes though and came across a giant cupcake. I think thats so cool!
    jody1130

Answer by jody1130 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Chocolate Ganache is pretty easy to make if you follow the recipe EXACTLY. I like your idea of the fondant over the top though because fondant makes a very elegant wedding cake. Are you going to make it multiple layers?
    Another idea is to do multiple cheesecakes, cupcakes, etc. Or minitaure cakes for each person if you are having a small wedding.
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 8:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2009