Journal article on pain prevention for Circumcision

What do you think?
http://www.cirp.org/library/pain/lander/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The best prevention is to not do it at all :)
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• What above poster said.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It's a horrific procedure, if keeping your baby happy and un-hurt is your aim then simply do not let someone slice into your newborn. Easy.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Does your brother, dh, dad, or cousin remember that pain? NOOOO! it hurts for a sec then is over with and the baby forgets it before he turns 1 day old.

I hate how it's assumed that I am a bad mom because I circ and "cause so much pain to my son". It's totaly BULL and the worst reason not to circ. If you don't want to do it for other reasons- Good for you, but it hardly hurts and they forget about it immediately. Trust me, I've witnessed it.
    Anonymous

• My doctor said my son didn't cry at all just wimpered once... yeah I felt bad about it but it's not like he'll remember it.. I mean seriously, he was 3 days old.. it healed in under 7. Plus, it's more sanitary.
    Anonymous

• It's not more sanitary if you teach your son proper hygiene. And you don't have to go though even 7 days of healing if you didn't do it at all. But not wanting to put your newborn through ANY uncessary pain is a very good reason not to do it. I honestly don't care what other people chose to do with their children, but I do believe that my son was born perfect and WHOLE. If he didn't need a foreskin he wouldn't have been born with one.
    Anonymous

• It is not more sanitary. There really is no medical reason for them. Americans just like to go with society.

Oh, and don't bother spouting off any websites to try and claim why they are SO MUCH better for your child, I have already seen them all.
    Anonymous

• And to say it helps prevent contracting STDs is a mother fking joke. You will can an STD either way if you have unprotected sex and sleep around.
    Anonymous

• This is something that you need to decide on your own, None of my boys are circumsized though my hubby is and so is my father. It is a personal choice on your part, do they remember the pain I do not believe they will.
    I did not do it because I do not believe that it needs to be done. I have known men with and without never seemed to bother them no matter which way it was.

GardenClub

Answer by GardenClub at 12:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2009