How come the media is so silent about a NY businessman who beheaded his current wife and TV partner??

They make an outcry over less egregious incidents such as a kidnapping, but this is downplayed. Are they silent because he's Muslim? I don't get it. Where are the Women's Rights activists?
Here is a link to an article about it:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2009/02/19/buffalo-muslim-wifes-beheading-spiked-false-sex-abuse-charges-against-ca

waldorfmom

Asked by waldorfmom at 4:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• IDK just using my brain here but maybe it's because he hasn't been to trial yet and by law he gets an unbiased jury therefore any major media coverage of it before trial would compromise the jury being unbiased.
    Anonymous

• Glenn Beck on Fox News Channel mentioned it yesterday.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Much like the Casey Anthony case, the Scott Peterson case (before he was tried) in CA, and so many others? I agree OP, where is the outrage? It's a horrific crime. I think since Holder came out and said that we are a bunch of cowards people are standing back and not wanting to be used as the example.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• This story is disturbing.The guy is messed up he even had a television show trying to get the word out that Islam is a peaceful religion then he goes and does this to his wife.
    Anonymous

• That's what I would expect from a reasonable media - I have SOO wished for that sort of respectful restraint. But, in fact, that never stops them with OTHER unproven stories ... remember OJ Simpson? He was entirely convicted by the press LONG before a trial. ... and that recent big story they had to retract accusing a lady of being romantic with John McCain.
    I have a hard time with the way Women's Rights activists seem to be looking the other way with the oppression of women in many Muslim countries AND ALSO here in the US with US citizens who are Muslim. Human rights didn't used to get suspended because of religious beliefs. For example, it didn't used to be okay to beat your wife because you were Catholic, or Baptist, etc.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• There are a lot of women killed every day by their husbands. You don't hear about a lot of women killed.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 6:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• The damn woman was beheaded for Allah sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• ... I mean for the sheer ratings bonus you'd think they would cover it - a beheading is a pretty sensational and "newsworthy" item. ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• apparently not nearly as newsworthy as a certain political cartoon....
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 9:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yeah, Allah and Muslims get a free pass when it comes to violence. Especially now that they've got Obama on their side.
    Anonymous