Nap Troubles!

OMG! I am about to pull out my freaking hair! It is past 4:00 pm here and my DD who recently turned two is REFUSING to take a nap. She wakes up at the crack of dawn and now she wont take a nap!

Are all of your toddlers still taking naps? If not at what age did they stop. She only takes one nap a day and I NEED that time for Homework and other things! AHHH!!!

MelaneesMommie

Asked by MelaneesMommie at 5:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids both stopped at 18 months old. But they go to bed at 7 and sleep till 7.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 5:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my second child NEVER took naps. OMG! I had school and worked from home. FORCE yourself to teach him to self soothe. Give him a variety of toys (not all at the same time) leave him alone for progressively longer periods of time (start with 1 min, then 3 min, then 10 etc) it will take u a few weeks maybe months but u will then have a child that it's not dependent on u for entertainment. when u come back in the room, be boring. limit ur happy expressions and remove toys and fun stuff when u are around. eventually he will correlate ur leaving room with fun time. then u can go back to being happy mom!
    younguns

Answer by younguns at 11:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I dont know maybe put her in her room and tell her she has to lay down for so long give her a book and leave the room. maybe she will sleep maybe she wont but do the same thing every day and maybe finally she will get the point that she doesn't get to play and will go back to her routine. If your desperate for that time let her watch tv from her bed.
    calilove33

Answer by calilove33 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My son stopped taking a nap at two. I lay him down in bed give him kisses and shut the door. I leave him in their till naptime is over. I only go in when he gets loud and lay him back down. He is fine with it and I get my time. Win win.
    sweetamber2386

Answer by sweetamber2386 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2009