Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


i am 11 weeks pregnant and having cramps on the top of my belly what should i do?

Answer Question

Asked by scared518 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • You can call your doc if you're worried, but it's probably just gas, indigestion, or your body reacting to the new growth going on.

    Answer by infantrychick at 5:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • Try burping...

    Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • call you're dr. or go to the ER. better be safe than sorry.... wish you luck.

    Answer by Tiffany8168 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • its just gas take some tums

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • If you feel your stomach hardening at the top, then going down to the bottom, it can also be Braxton Hicks contractions. If you look at your tummy, you may see that it looks like it has "Shrink wrapped" over baby. (though your bump is tiny right now!) Drink LOTS of water/fluids (no caffine) A big reason for having Braxton hicks is dehydration. If you have 6 or more in an hour, go to the ER, because it could be preterm labor. But make sure you drink at least 2-3 liters of water as quickly as you can first. Also take a warm bath to see if that'll calm them. If that doesn't work, go.

    Answer by mrseum at 5:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • I dont think it would be braxton hicks. her uterus is no where near the top of the belly, it is still behind the pelvic bone. Just call your doctor, that is what they are for

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.