Question for Americans :)

I'm from Canada and just heard about this "couple" that had a baby and the young man is 13 and his GF/SO/Friend is 14?

Can you moms fill me in on the buzz? All details please!!
Feel free to comment on it too!! I'll comment when I've heard about it all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i have no idea what you are talking about - sounds like poor parenting to me.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i have no idea but it happens frequently in this country believe it or not
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 5:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• they live over seas, not here in the US, but it's not that uncommon anymore because parents don't pay any attention to or care what their kids are doing.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i believe it happened in England... the thing is that 2 other boys are saying it could be their kid.
    Lizard1970

Answer by Lizard1970 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• This actually happened in the UK. They are now reporting that a 16 year old boy has come forward and said he could be the father. I hope so because the poor little 13 year old looks like he doesn't know what hit him! Supposedly a DNA test is in the works.
    Anonymous

• The kids are from England.... Google it
    Anonymous

• Poor babies...all involved.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 5:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• OOOOOOH
    I was told it was in the States, sorry guys :) my bad
    huh and these parents aren't doing anything about it?
    thats kinda sick really...
    Anonymous

• Yeah, they are from England. l don't know which would be better, if the 13 year old was the father, or the older one. The 13 year old seems to really accept the baby, and the responsibility of it even though he doesn't understand what it is going to take to raise this child. I haven't heard much about the other boys though. I can't say you can honestly blame the parents for the actions of the child, but for not telling them the consequences most definitely.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• From what I have also heard from the news was there were two or three other boys who are claiming it could be their child too. I think it was another 14 or 15 yr old and an 18 yr old. Now the 14 year old boy is upset because the baby may not be his. Very sad story...
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 6:02 PM on Feb. 20, 2009