Is this the reason men do this?

Do you sometimes feel like men do things wrong or "forget" to do things so we won't ask them to anymore? I work outside the home so I delegate errands to my SO and they rarely get done! I'll ask, did you do this? and he'll say I forgot, you should have reminded me! I'm like, must I call you all day to make sure you get it done? Then I'll be like "it's easier if I do it myself" and he's off the hook! Anybody else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I think they do do it on purpose. In my case, since he forgets stuff, I tend to forget his things too. Like when I asked him to pack the baby's bag for the whole day away from home, and he only pack one diaper and one bottle. So when he asked me to get him a tray of food, I got my food and forgot his. This tend to fix his amnesia.
    denswife

Answer by denswife at 8:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Same thing happens to me and yes I swear men sometimes do it on purpose or do it wrong so we will give up and do it ourselves!
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 5:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Nope my husband WILL do it, but he does it WRONG! I'm almost certain he does this on purpose!!
    Anonymous

• oh definately - and they think its ok - thats the worst part!
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• yep, he'll do it but i have to remind him a number of times...
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yep but I ask again and again, and it still doesn't get done. For example; I'll say simple things like, " Please put your trash in THE TRASH CAN." or "Quit leaving your clothes by the bed when the basket's right there." I think they do, or dont these things because we'll do it if they don't, or wont. Yes I'm currently a stay at home mama and I'm supposed to clean, but does he have to make it worse than it has to be?
    CadensMama117

Answer by CadensMama117 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My mom is a psychologist and I asked her this a while ago. She says just make him do it, even if it means calling him ALL DAY! Calling him is way easier than actually having to do it yourself. If he still claims amnesia, then it's time to have a "talk". Maybe he just really wants to get out of doing things and then it will be a problem...
    tevon_mommy

Answer by tevon_mommy at 6:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Nope for the most part, especially if he has the day off...or like now when he is laid off he is awesome at this. He will send a fax, pick up or drop things/kids, take them to the doctor for shots, just about anything I ask. So if he does forget now and then I can't really bust his balls for it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• denswife u r on the money! I love ur answer. Ladies: men r like children. Wd u let ur kids get away with that? But dont be nags. be smart. Use consequence. If u leave ur shoes out, throw them out. Give him the things that cant be forgotten, if he forgets to pay the bill, make sure he has to manage the budget. If he doesnt put clothes in the hamper, dont wash them. If things piling up around the house start bothering u, get a big garbage bag and go around and put everything in it and THROW it in the garage. Feign remembering when asked. Maybe say "oh I was cleaning up, maybe its in bag. Sorry. I wasnt thinking, preoccupied." Most important, give urself the tasks that mean the most to urself (like I have to have a clean bathroom) and the things that will bother him to him (he hates it when he runs out of socks) so when it doesnt get done, ur not stressed. Is he willing to admit ur smarter? GROWN MAN. enufsaid
    younguns

Answer by younguns at 10:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2009