weaning..

how do you wean and go from BFing to formula? Please dont tell me not to and to keep BFing. just wondering. thanx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• start with one bottle for a couple days, then slowly increase, adding another feeding every few days. you will probably notice a change in your baby's poops- they may get constipated or harder. just talk to your doctor about any remedies if it becomes a problem.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Drop one feeding every few days. But first determine whether the baby will TAKE the formula!

Answer by gdiamante at 6:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• You force your baby to take an unfamiliar nipple of a nasty smelling/tasting, health risking substance til s/he surrenders and stops crying about it.
    Anonymous

• Well i had to ween my lil girl cause i stopped lactating the easiest thing for me to do was to make her think she was breast feeding by having her close to me and turned on her side starting her on my breast then taking the bottle and rubbing it n the corner of her mouth. making her turn her head to the bottle and gradually she will would take the bottle... another thing that helpe was a good bottle the ones that worked the best was the gerber bottles... the nipples are perfect for her. I just bought one of all the different type of bottles and thats how i desided... she wasn't hard to ween.
    Chloyesmom

Answer by Chloyesmom at 6:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Why is it so important for your child to eat a substance that is proven to be so inferior to breastmilk? Sick.
    Anonymous

• continue BFing... work it out. it's best for (heaven forbid) YOUR BABY!!!
    Anonymous

• Breastfeeding is best. If it's at all possible, even if it's not the ideal situation for you, you should stick with it. You will feel so good that you did later on, and your baby will thank you when they get older and realize the wonderful thing you did for them. Not pressuring, just encouraging! You can do it, mamma!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• holy crap...i was just wondering....why does everyone insist on bashing on this website...despite EVERYTHING i have tried my milk supply is slowly stopping. She is 6 months old and I have been EBFing, I was just wondering if I had to how to do it. It has nothing to do with the situation either. I pump when I do work and I feed her thruout the nite and during the day and have started her on solids. Damn I think too many SAHMs need some fresh air and to chill the hell out.
    Anonymous

• Anon at 3:53, 4:32 and 4;37 go to hell ok? I don't need your high and mighty bull crap.
    Anonymous

• Chloyesmom - if you had to trick her into it, your milk was not gone, or she would have been screaming from being so hungry, at which point she wouldnt have cared what was in her mouth as long as it was there. Nice try though, how about the truth?

OP- if your milk is still drying up, she may be weaning herself, let her decided. If you are still dead set on giving her that nasty stuff, replace one meal with a bottle for a few days, then replace another until she isn't nursing anymore, do it slowly or you both will suffer (she is going to any way)
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2009