should I let my son...

My 15 yr. old stayed home sick today from school, but he says he's feeling better and want's to go bowling with his baketball team and his for an end of season celebration. Should I let him go?

flowerchid72

Asked by flowerchid72 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• no. if you cant go to school you cant play afterwards.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Is the basketball team a school one? Might be issues with the school, if you let him go.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It is the school team but him and his teamates are setting it up on their own.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• no school= no fun.... JMO
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:05 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• its up to you if he really was sick and is seriously feeling better id let him go for a bit but if its just bc the tylenol kicked in no hes staying home
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 6:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• no. It'll suck that he has to miss it, but if he was not feeling good enough for school, he probably really isn't feeling up to going bowling, even if he's saying he is. Either that, or he faked being sick. I mean, what if he's getting the flu or something, and then exposing all those other kids to it?? I would NOT be a happy mama if my child got sick because you allowed yours to go!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 6:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yes you should let him go, he is feelling better, and he has worked hard in basketball - He deserves to celebrate his season! You only live once!
    Goldenbrowny

Answer by Goldenbrowny at 7:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• NO I wouldnt....my son stayed home because he had a fever and then he confessed he went to Foster Freeze on his bike to get fries.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I just had this very argument with my 16 year old dd, and I have to agree...no school, no fun.....sorry kid.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't, I have a rule, if you don't go to school, you don't leave the house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2009