So why is Jindal only willing to take part of the stimulas money?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090220/pl_politico/19092j

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am going to assume you are talking about the governors that are researching the stimulus money for the states and not wanting to accept some parts. The reason is because some of the money would require the raising of some kind of tax, say gas, to accept the money. It seems the stimulus does come with some strings attached and few of the governors are not willing to put the added burden on people right now.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Because he's smart enough to read the bill first and only agree to things that will not bankrupt the state 10 years down the road.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Jindal 2012
    Anonymous

• One reason, I heard from Princella Smith today on Fox that one concern is that the stimulus requires states to give money to people who are filing for unemployment and are in need of Part Time jobs. Louisiana's Legislature doesn't allow for unemployment unless they are in search of full time work. If the state were to continue with this program after the stimulus well runs dry, they would be bankrupt. So, he doesn't want to jeopardize the longevity of his states budget. I say KUDOS to him... Jindal 2012, indeed!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Good for him !! A THINKING elected official ... who could have imagined ?! ...

Hopefully, more and more of the officials AND private citizens who are bringing up the factual realities of the stimulus package will be seen on the media.

But I'm not holding my breath to see these details discussed anywhere but on Fox News (PERHAPS!) and Glenn Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Thank GOD SOMEONE is reading this thing!!! I still cannot believe it got voted in without being read AND that SO MANY Democrats were willing to admit they voted on it without reading it!

They want to complain that republicans are holding things up just for the sake of party lines, but it looks to mme  like the Dems are willing to spend wildly just for the sake of party lines.  Where is the difference?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Can you post anther link? That one doesn't work for me...
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Perhaps the state doesn't need a frisbee golf course or a water park.........
    Anonymous

• Bobby Jindal is getting set for a run at the white house in 2012. If it comes down to a choice between him andSarah Palin, It will be another hard choice, but between 2 GOOD candidates this time, not just an effort to pick between the two worst ever like this last election.
    Anonymous

• Didn't you know, New Orleans doesn't really need $ or anything. I'm sure all the jobless, homeless masses will thank him. What an ass@#le.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Feb. 21, 2009