Has anyone ever pulled over for a firetruck or ambulance and the person behind you get mad?

Seriously, I pulled over for a firetruck and the woman behind me never slowed down, raced past me and flipped me off as she drove by. WTF??? I don't understand some people.

eblue3

Asked by eblue3 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• for a school bus!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• She was stupid.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 6:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• No but I got mad once cuz the guy in front of me pulled over because there was a fire truck on the other side of the road ACROSS the barrier AND the guardrail. What was it gonna do?? Jump?? The was no possible way the truck was going to come our way. I mean, I guess, but it was kinda annoying at the time. I didn't honk at him or anything.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• That is so rude. :(

I was turning right, and the right hand two lanes were totally clear, while the lanes going to my left were packed. The ambulance decided to come down the clear lanes. I saw it coming and just stayed where I was. The guy behind me couldn't see that there was an ambulance coming and started honking. I don't know what he thought I was doing, I was obviously paying attention to something in the lanes I wanted to turn in to.

Answer by Bmat at 6:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• yea after the ambulance passed us, they pulled back into traffic like a madman and almost sideswiped me! Some people are idiots. Or they won't stop at all and drive right behind the fire truck when it passes them.
    Anonymous

• That is awful! I hate when they use it as an excuse to pass you. Like you were pulling over for them. Jerks.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• We had a car that damn near caused a massive accident here not too long ago. My father in law is an EMT and he drives the ambulance. They were responding to a call running code down the main road. A car turned on the road from a side road and cut off the ambulance. My husband and I happened to be in the next lane, and we veered into the suicide lane and the car behind us braked so the ambulance could switch lanes and not ram the car. I thanked God that we were in the next lane and were able to get out of the way. We have an increased awareness of ambulances and firetrucks because we are always worried about Dad when we see one.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• An incident that made me shake my head was when I was stopped at a stoplight, and there was an ambulance on my right. There was a car on my left making a left hand turn, and across from us a car that wanted to go straight. The ambulance came to a stop at the intersection just as our light turned green, and both of the cars charged out into the intersection to try to beat the ambulance, that had also started forward through its red light, as it had a right to do. The two cars nearly collided with each other. dumbunnies.

Answer by Bmat at 6:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• LOL First off thanks for pulling over! My husband is a EMT/Firefighter and does alot of the Ambulance driving and it gets him furious when idiots don't pull over like they are suppose to! He calls people like the woman you talk about future patients, because they are so anxious to get where they are going and usually don't pay attention that they are risking the chance of being the next person in the back of the squad! He has had that happen before where the squad was passed and as soon as they dropped thier patient off at the hospital they were dispatched to get the fool that was speeding by to pass them!!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 6:54 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I was halfway through a light once whane I heard the sirens of somethign coming behind me, I could see them reflecting too, so I stopped in the middle of the intersection the lady behind me did not stop hnking at me untill the firetruck passed and I drove on.
    What did she think that I stopped to inconveinence her? I mean she obviously saw the firetruck it drove right past us!
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 6:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2009